Make sure you WRITE DOWN or PRINT the authentication key (sixteen-character authentication key) or QR code you receive during the 2FA enabling process and keep it in a secure place so you can enable 2FA on another device later if needed (in case you change your application/device or your device is stolen, lost, or broken).
Note: Do not share/reveal your authentication key (sixteen-character authentication key) or QR code to anyone, even if they are an ICONOMI employee.
1. First, you will need to download an authentication application (app for 2FA) of your choice to your device/phone.
For iOS and Android users, we recommend:
Please note: 2FA applications like LastPass and Authy come in handy in case you lose your phone or switch mobile devices a lot. They allow you to back up all your authentication codes in the cloud for easy recovery.
2. To enable the 2FA feature, simply log into your ICONOMI account and visit your Settings page/Security tab.
You can individually set up:
A. Login 2FA
B. Withdrawal 2FA
Finally, check your email (you will receive a confirmation request) and click on the “Enable 2FA” button.
Note: If you can't find that email, please check also your spam folder.
- Withdrawals are only possible with 2FA enabled!
- After you enable 2FA, as a security measure, it will take another 24 hours before you will be able to make withdrawals from your ICONOMI account.
- You cannot enable withdrawal 2FA without first enabling login 2FA. When withdrawal 2FA is enabled, your login 2FA code will not be accepted to confirm withdrawal transactions.