1. You can use browser access to complete Tier 1 verification
but for a smoother experience, we recommend using the ICONOMI Mobile app on your phone/device:
- ICONOMI iOS app. Available for download from the App Store.
- ICONOMI Android app. Available for download from Google Play.
2. Take a NEW SELFIE when asked to upload an image of your face. Do not upload existing pictures even if the person in the picture matches the person in the document.
3. When uploading the images of your document, make sure to avoid:
- Watermark/Third party applications/programs for picture taking
Please make sure you are not using a third party program/application for taking pictures. These programs can leave a watermark on the taken picture and any picture that has a watermark anywhere on it gets declined and cannot be used for verification, even if all the data is clearly visible/readable.
- Blurred pictures
Please make sure not to move during the capture process and that your camera is correctly focused.
We recommend putting your document on a flat surface such as a table and taking the picture with your mobile phone as parallel as possible to the surface in order to reduce keystone effect, which can cause distortion. If using a laptop/desktop webcam, holding the ID document with the elbow firmly in contact with a table can help reduce uncontrolled arm movements.
For camera focus: being too close to the ID document can cause issues. To ensure your focus is correct, try tapping the screen of your mobile phone to force focus on a specific point (on mobile devices where such a feature is available).
- Glare in photos
Taking a photo of your ID document under direct light may result in glare, and the data will not be readable. It is especially important to avoid direct light if your ID document has a light-reflecting surface.
- Hologram - hidden serial number
If you are using an ID document with the serial number inside a hologram, make sure the serial number is clearly visible (this may require angling/tilting your ID).
- Non-matching person visible in ID photo / Person holding the document is not matching the person from the document
When taking a photo of your ID document, please make sure no one else is visible or partly visible in the photo. If anyone is visible in the photo who does not match the ID document, your verification will be automatically rejected.
- Low-quality image
Make sure the image is not too small. If we have to zoom in or zoom out, the image can become badly pixelated and the data not clearly visible. HD (high definition) resolution camera is strongly recommended.
- Hiding/obstructing parts of the document?
Make sure the mandatory data, MRZ code, and signature, together with your ID photo, are visible in your photograph. Any ID documents obstructed either by accident or intentionally will be rejected.
When taking a photo with a mobile device, we suggest putting the document on a table or other flat surface and laying it out flat, avoiding the possibility of your fingers hiding any part of the document.
- Damaged documents
Make sure that mandatory data is not obscured in any way.
- ID document back image is missing or does not match
Make sure to use images from the same ID document so that the front and back images match.
- Unsupported ID document
Residence permit, work permit, health insurance card, student ID card, voter ID, etc.