Exchanging your ICN is simple. To start the process, go to our website, click on the “Exchange ICN” tab at the top of the page, and follow the steps below to complete the first phase of the ICN exchange process.
Note: Before proceeding please consider finding important information regarding ICN exchange here.
Note: You will receive ETH to the address you sent your ICN from. Please check also ”Important dates and Exchange Rates” article.
The final round of exchanging ICN for ETH will end on December 31, 2019 at 24:00 CET. After December 31, 2019, exchange of ICN tokens for ETH using steps described here will no longer be possible. All ICN token holders who will still have ICN tokens on the ICONOMI platform after December 31, 2019 will have the option to convert to ETH at the exchange rate valid at that time by contacting our Support until February 29, 2020.
- Log into your ICONOMI account or register for a new account. Verification is not required to exchange your ICN for ETH if you are exchanging from an external wallet. Verification is required if you want to exchange ICN stored on the ICONOMI platform.
- Go to our website and click “Exchange ICN” at the top of the page.
- Choose the “I want to exchange my ICN tokens for ETH.” option.
- Read the instructions on the page and then click “Continue.”
- Read the General Terms and Conditions for ICN Token Exchange and check the box. We recommend also subscribing to news and announcements regarding the exchange of ICN tokens for ETH by checking the second box, but this step is optional.
- Choose from two options:
- A. ”Exchange ICN tokens stored on the ICONOMI platform”
- B. ”Exchange ICN tokens stored elsewhere”
A. If you are exchanging ICN for ETH from your ICONOMI ICN wallet:
- Enter the number of ICN you want to exchange.
- Review your information on the next page. When you are sure the information is correct, click “Submit.”
- The final step is entering your two-factor-authentication code. You will receive a confirmation email when you are finished.
B. If you are exchanging ICN for ETH from an external wallet:
- Carefully read the full list of instructions on the next page before proceeding.
- The next step is to send the ICN you want to exchange to ETH from your external wallet to the dedicated ETH exchange address on the ICONOMI platform listed under “ETH address” at the bottom of the page. Please make sure to send ICN only from a wallet whose private key you control.
DO NOT send ICN from an exchange or any similar platform directly to the ETH exchange address on the ICONOMI platform. Use a private external wallet (like MyEtherWallet) whose private key you control. ICN sent from an exchange may be permanently lost.
When transferring digital assets:
- Enter a valid address (copy/paste, don’t type out the address)
- Make sure the receiving address supports the digital asset you are attempting to transfer
- Before sending larger amounts, always send a small amount first as a test. Only when you are convinced that the deposit or withdrawal you initiated follows the correct process, should you increase the transacted amount.
You are fully responsible for any mistakes, errors or defects which may arise in the course of a transaction and lead to partial or complete loss of your funds. ICONOMI shall not be held liable for any damages resulting from any actions previously mentioned.
Please note: All completed transactions on the blockchain are final and cannot be changed or reversed. Digital assets assigned to the wrong receiving address will be lost forever! Only the person who has access to the receiving address has access to the digital assets located at that address.