Exchanging your ICN is simple. To start the process, go to our website, click on the “Exchange ICN” tab at the top of the page, and follow the steps below to complete the first phase of the ICN exchange process.
Note: Before proceeding please consider finding important information regarding ICN exchange here.
- Log into your ICONOMI account or register for a new account. Verification is not required to exchange your ICN for ETH if you are exchanging from an external wallet. Verification is required if you want to exchange ICN stored on the ICONOMI platform.
- Go to our website and click “Exchange ICN” at the top of the page.
- Choose the “I want to exchange my ICN tokens for ETH.” option.
- Read the instructions on the page and then click “Continue.”
- Read the General Terms and Conditions for ICN Token Exchange and check the box. We recommend also subscribing to news and announcements regarding the exchange of ICN tokens for ETH by checking the second box, but this step is optional.
- Choose from two options:
- ”I want to exchange ICN for ETH from my ICONOMI account ICN wallet”
- ”I want to exchange ICN for ETH from an external wallet”
If you are exchanging ICN for ETH from your ICONOMI ICN wallet:
- Enter the number of ICN you want to exchange.
- Review your information on the next page. When you are sure the information is correct, click “Submit.”
- The final step is entering your two-factor-authentication code. You will receive a confirmation email when you are finished.
If you are exchanging ICN for ETH from an external wallet:
- Carefully read the full list of instructions on the next page before proceeding.
- The next step is to send the ICN you want to exchange to ETH from your external wallet to the dedicated ETH exchange address on the ICONOMI platform listed under “ETH address” at the bottom of the page. Send ICN only from a wallet whose private key you control.
DO NOT send ICN from an exchange directly to the ETH exchange address on the ICONOMI platform. Use a private external wallet (like MyEtherWallet) whose private key you control. ICN sent from an exchange may be permanently lost.
When transferring digital assets:
- Enter a valid address (copy/paste, don’t type out the address)
- Make sure the receiving address supports the digital asset you are attempting to transfer
- Before sending larger amounts, always send a small amount first as a test
Please note: All completed transactions in the blockchain are final. Digital assets assigned to the wrong address will be lost forever!