Creating a strong password is the first step towards keeping your account safe. Here are some requirements and tips on how to create a strong password for your ICONOMI account:
- Choose a unique password, which you don’t use for any other account
- Make sure your password is long but memorable
- Your password must include a lowercase letter, an uppercase letter, a special character, and a minimum of 8 characters.
- Do not write down your password
- Do not share/reveal your password to anyone (even if they are an ICONOMI employee)
- Make sure nobody can see you entering your password
- If you suspect your account has been compromised (password has been revealed), change your password immediately and report a security incident
- Change your password periodically (every 30 days is recommended)
Since different and complex passwords are hard to remember, we suggest you use a good password manager (for example Lastpass or OnePass). A password manager is designed to help you store, organise, and encrypt your passwords for online accounts on several devices.
Generally, most password managers work the same way:
During setup, you’ll be required to generate a strong master password – the master password is actually the only one you have to remember. Best practice would be that it’s a sentence (20+ characters) that you memorise and that only makes sense to you. During setup, you’ll be required to generate a strong master password, and then add your credentials to the password manager. Password manager will store the credentials you use to access different websites and then automatically fill them in for you the next time you visit a website.
Never leave your computer or device unlocked and unattended if you are using a password manager!